Saturday, April 13, 2013

Different Size Packages

     Do you only sell one size package for your product?  Why only one size?  I wrote a blog on the importance of considering different size packages.  Utilizing a different size package could not only save you money and increase efficiency, it could increase your profits dramatically.  Consider the new revenue streams you would be able to possibly tap into if you would move from a jar to a bag. This move would open up all types of new opportunities for you.  I did this myself back in 2008 and this opened many new doors for me.  Regardless if you are thinking about going to a bigger size or smaller size there are many benefits to both.  I went larger in size and this opened my business up to being able to service large facilities. Before the change I never even thought about servicing these facilities.
     I tend to want to lean towards smaller packaging  Better pallet math and stacking for storage is one thought.  The best part about going into the smaller package is that you can make your product dynamic.  This means that people will carry your product in their bags everyday.  It becomes a staple that people need to get through the day.  If they are currently purchasing your product once a week while they are in the grocery store, they will not return until next week to buy more.  When you become dynamic, the will return the minute they run out. Consider the blog I wrote a little while back and used Kool-Aide as a guide. When I was a kid they only sold powder.  Now they have powder, drinks, and several sized packets.
When I was a kid, you only had one size.
Now you can have your cake and eat it too!

Welcome Video Here

No comments:

Post a Comment