Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Packaging Considerations

Different size packages can open up doors for you.  I produced in one size until I started manufacturing.  I found that by increasing the size of my packaging, I essentially increased my market potential.  When I put my food in the larger package I could suddenly market to several companies that could sell my products that I had never thought of before. This changed my thinking and opened the door to my business potential that I had failed to see.  By putting my products in industrial size packages I could now sell to prisons, restaurants, schools, and hotels.  Before this revelation I had been selling to customers on the street, in offices, and hospital's.  I never considered landing the accounts of schools, hospital's, and institutions worldwide.  With new markets in mind, I sold the bricks and mortar operations immediately and focused on manufacturing going forward.  Why focus on customers in town when you have the globe?  Some great examples of products that have changed how they do business because of packaging are below.

Traditionally this was sold in one size.
When they expanded to a small bottle they
opened up the door to getting into MRE's
and serving the military.
This is a great example of Kool-Aid
expanding into several different markets
and distribution channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment